How To Use
The Bathmate Hydropump is an external penile rigidity device which uses vacuum technology to create sufficient penile rigidity required for sexual intercourse. Please read the following instructions carefully.
BEFORE GETTING STARTED
Important Safety Warnings
- Consult your doctor before using this device if you have any of the following: Symptoms of erectile dysfunction, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, cirrhosis of the liver, chronic renal failure, alcoholism, increased heart or respiration rates, heart or lung disease, high blood pressure, stroke, epilepsy, urinary disorder (e.g. kidney, bladder or genital problems) or leukaemia.
- Do not use this device if: – You suffer from sickle cell disease.
- – You have a history of prolonged erections. – You suffer from any bleeding disorders or are currently taking any blood thinning medication such as aspirin.
- The Hydropump is intended for use by a single user.
- Bathmate Hydropumps are intended for use in water, therefore the use of any lubricant with this device is not advised.
- You must have full use of your hands, with the strength to operate the vacuum release mechanism. Decreased hand strength may make the safe removal of this device difficult.
- You need to be in control of the product at all times, avoid falling asleep while using the Hydropump.
- Do not use this device whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs as this may impair your judgement and increase the risk of injury to your penis.
- You must never use this device if you have a decreased sensation of pain in the area of the penis as this could impair your ability to detect any potential injury caused by the device.
- The use of a vacuum pump may bruise or rupture the blood vessels within the penis or scrotum, resulting in petechiae, hemorrhage, or the formation of a hematoma.
- The use of a vacuum pump may aggravate pre-existing conditions such as Peyronie’s disease, priapism and urethral strictures.
- Misuse of this device could lead to injury of the penis.
- If severe pain or discomfort occurs discontinue use immediately and consult your doctor.
In order to obtain optimum benefit from the Hydropump and to avoid inappropriate use which may cause discomfort, you are strongly advised to follow the instructions as outlined below:
BEFORE FIRST USE: Wash your hydropump using warm, clean soapy water and rinse thouroughly.
- Ensure your pubic area is reasonably well trimmed. This will facilitate the vacuum seal against the pelvic seat.
- A relaxation period of a few minutes in a warm shower or bath is required to allow the testicles to soften, allowing them to remain free from the sealing area thereby avoiding any discomfort.
- Apply only the minimum amount of vacuum pressure necessary to achieve an erection. Excessive vacuum pressure and over vigorous pumping may result in bruising or injury to the penis.
- To benefit the most in erection hardness and optimal blood flow, it is best to remove the device every 2-3 minutes and allow the penis to retract. Massage the penis in the flaccid state for 2 minutes, then re apply the device and repeat the process. You should do this a maximum of 3 times in any 15 minute session.
- Do not use the Hydropump for more than 15 minutes in any period of 24 hours
The black pip on the top of the valve is moved by pressing inwards and moving to the right or left, where it should “click” into position closing the valve. The closed position should only be used whilst filling the Hydropump with water in the shower. At all other times the black pip should be in the central (open) position. Failing to ensure that the black pip is in the central position will prevent the Hydropump from operating correctly.